IBPS Summer School on Endocrine Disruptors
IBPS International Summer School: Aug. 25 - Aug. 31 2019, in Paris, France
Deadline for application: April 30th, 2019. Apply now!
IBPS Summer School
The Institute of Biology Paris-Seine organizes an international summer school primarily targeted to PhD students and post-docs on the topic of endocrine disruptors.The participants will acquire theoretical and methodological knowledge.
About Endocrine Disruptors
Exposure to endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) generates growing and significant health and environmental concerns. Despite considerable progress on this matter during the last decades, there remain many challenges to overcome. Significant efforts are still required for the identification of EDCs, elucidating their precise mechanisms of action, understanding their effects and conducting appropriate/satisfactory risk assessments.
In this context, a major goal of this international summer school is to contribute to this general effort by training young researchers in the field of endocrine disruption and providing them with the sufficient background needed to apprehend the whole extent of the issue.
This will be accomplished through lectures, theoretical courses and tutorials given by world renown experts in their field and covering subjects ranging from European regulation and health risk assessment to key neuroendocrine systems such as the thyroid, reproductive and metabolic system.
This summer school will also address exposure measurement methods, critical periods of exposure sensitivity, cohort analyses, and a societal component including studies estimating the burden and costs of endocrine disruption-related diseases. Innovative strategies for improved detection of low dose effects of EDCs, and their modes/mechanisms of action in model organisms such as insects, aquatic vertebrates and mammals will also be introduced.
One of the originalities of this initiative is to combine theoretical and practical knowledge centered on the disruption of neuroendocrine systems.
How to apply
Candidates will be selected on the quality of their academic curriculum, their project's relevance and their motivation.
Send to sakina.mhaouty-kodja [at] upmc.fr the following documents:
- A CV
- A cover letter including:
- a short presentation of your research project
- your motivation for participating to this summer school
- At least one letter of reference
Dates: August, 25th - 31th, 2019
Location: Institute of Biology Paris-Seine, 7-9 quai Saint-Bernard, 75005 Paris, France.
Deadline for application: April 30th, 2019
Registration of €180 includes costs of accommodation, breakfast and lunch, as well as the gala dinner.
More information, see the Summer School website
- Sakina Mhaouty-Kodja, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, Inserm, IBPS, Neuroscience Paris-Seine
- Catherine Viguié, Toxalim INRA/ENVT/INP/UPS, Toulouse
- Jean-Baptiste Fini, CNRS, Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Evolution des Régulations Endocriniennes, Paris
- Hervé Chneiweiss, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, Inserm, IBPS, Neuroscience Paris-Seine
- Hélène Hardin-Pouzet, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, Inserm, IBPS,Neuroscience Paris-Seine, IBPS
- Héloïse Hervé, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, IBPS, Chargée de communication de l'IBPS
- Françoise Commercy, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, IBPS, gestionnaire
- Isabelle Tratner, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, IBPS, Déléguée aux affaires scientifiques de l’IBPS
For more information, see the Summer School web site